I have been wanting to start a blog for such a long time now and I am so excited to finally share my first post! It took me so long to start because I kept doubting myself and just like everyone else, I have a fear of failing. But I decided I didn’t want fear holding me back anymore. If no one ever reads my blog, oh well. At least I tried and can say I did something I really wanted to do. On the subject of scary, I graduated from college about a month ago. I keep thinking about how terrifying the future can seem but eventually the future shows up and it’s not that bad. We all keep moving and we realize that those big scary moments arrived and we made it out alive. I don’t think life was ever meant to be lived in fear. I want to live excited for the future and I am excited for my next steps! I have always dreamed of living in New York City and in March it is coming true! I’m going to culinary school and I’m excited to share my adventures in New York and what I learn at school with you. So, I hope you will forgive my poor photography and enjoy the stories and recipes that I share. Welcome to Makinze’s Makings!
Now, about these shells. They are so good. My mom and I saw them in the grocery store one time years ago and we knew we had to try them. My mom wanted a meatball in them and I wanted ricotta cheese so we settled on both!
These are super easy to make and extremely delicious. Ingredients for a perfect meal! They have all the components of a lasagna so the taste is similar but far easier to make and in half the time!
Boil the pasta according to the package directions and set them aside. In a casserole dish add a small layer of spaghetti sauce to keep the noodles from sticking to the bottom.
Mix up the ricotta filling and put a small amount in each shell. Place a meatball in each one and then place the shells in the casserole dish.
Cover the shells with the rest of the sauce and cheese.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until it’s bubbly and the meatballs are warmed through. Enjoy!
Stuffed Jumbo Shells
- 1 box jumbo shells
- 1 package of meatballs, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan, divided
- Tablespoon basil
- Tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Jar of spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Make pasta according to package directions. Set aside to let cool
- In a casserole dish add a layer of spaghetti sauce
- Beat the eggs. Mix together: ricotta, cream cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella, 3/4 cup of the parmesan, and the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- When the pasta is cool enough to handle, spoon a little bit of the ricotta filling in each shell and a meatball
- Arrange filled shells into a baking dish. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until meatballs are warmed all the way through