I’m so sorry I’m posting this after the super bowl but this dip is so good you will no longer care once you take that first bite. This dip will make you forget about all of your worries and transport you to some magical pizza heaven where the carbs don’t matter and the calories don’t count. Okay, maybe carbs and calories will always exist no matter how much we wish them away, but this dip might trick you into thinking you’re actually eating a slice of pizza. Even my roommate who could survive off pizza alone approves of this dish. Her eyes might have lit up a little when I said I was making it for the super bowl. This dip is crazy easy and you can add any toppings your little heart desires. Every topping your perfect pizza would have can fit atop this beautiful pizza dip and make your eyes light up when you pull it out of the oven.
Cream cheese serves as the base for the dip which is probably what makes it so heavenly. All of the spices get mixed into the cream cheese with a layer of mozzarella and parmesan on top and then your favorite marinara and then MORE CHEESE. I told you, the calories don’t count when you eat this.
And let’s not forget about the bread you must serve with the dip. I always use naan, which is an Indian flatbread, with this dip. Naan is so soft and delicious and perfect for this pizza dip. You can find it in the bakery section of your grocery store. I usually buy the garlic naan for this dip but the traditional is just as good. I highly recommend the naan with the dip because it’s soft and really makes it feel like a piece of pizza. And it’s just amazing.
I basically make this dip for every party and it’s always the biggest hit, always the first to go, and gets the most compliments. Seriously, if there was a popularity contest between all the party snacks, this would win every. single. time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup marinara
You can add any of your favorite pizza toppings to this dip to customize it and make it your own.
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese, garlic powder, oregano, basil, parsley, and crushed red pepper.
- Spread the cream cheese into the bottom of a pie pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and parmesan each on top of the cream cheese.
- Pour the marinara over the cheese and top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Top with pepperoni and any other desired toppings.
- Bake in oven for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve warm
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction